Breakfast Casserole
8 frozen hash brown patties (or you can used frozen shredded hash browns and make as thick or thin of a layer of potatoes in the pan as you wish – I prefer this method so I can make a thinner layer of potatoes)
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I prefer to use cheddar jack)
1 lb cooked cubed ham (I change the meat based on what I want – I use cooked bacon, sausage, bacon and ham)
7 eggs
1 cup milk
½ t salt
½ t ground mustard
In a 9x13 pan, spray the pan generously with a non-stick cooking spray. Layer the hash browns, then cheese, and then meat. In a bowl, mix the eggs, milk, salt, and ground mustard. Pour over the layers and cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes until golden brown or knife inserted comes out clean.
To save time in the morning, I layer the hash browns, cheese and meat in the pan, cover, and place in freezer the night before. Then in the morning while the oven is preheating, I mix the eggs, milk, and seasonings and pour over the potato/cheese/meat layers.
Baking bacon in the oven: Place bacon slices side by side in a single layer on a large cookie sheet or cake pan and bake at 400 degrees for 12-18 minutes depending on the thickness of the bacon and desired crispiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment